Retail Sales Associates for WHEAT’s Empowerment Programs
Founded in 1979, WHEAT is an Arizona-based non-profit organization that educates, advocates, motivates and empowers individuals to action in the fight against hunger.
WHEAT’s major empowerment programs, The Clothes Silo and The Fair Trade Store are currently looking for Retail Sales Associates to serve its clients and customers. The programs are located in central Phoenix on 7th Street just south of Indian School. This entry-level position is great for college students or those who are looking to supplement their current income.
WHEAT’s Sales Associates work within the following Empowerment programs – The Clothes Silo: provides free, professional clothing to women in need, as well as providing low-cost gently used professional clothing to the public. WHEAT’s Fair Trade Store – the Hand to Hand Project: provides a retail outlet for fairly traded handcrafts from around the world – helping the artisans to become self-sustaining.
All interested applicants must be available to work Saturdays from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. Applicants must also have some availability on Tuesday – Friday from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Starting Wage: Depending on Experience (DOE)
Assisting the Supervisor in the daily operations of both the Clothes Silo and the Fair Trade Store, consistent with the policies and procedures of WHEAT.
- Assisting customers and clients with purchasing needs
- Answering phone inquiries and giving information to the public
- Operating cash register/ POS system
- Accepting donations and preparing receipts
- Accurately receiving orders and processing merchandise
- Stocking merchandise on retail floor
- Arranging merchandise by department, color and/or size
- Rotating merchandise
- Creating merchandise displays to attract customers
- Performing housekeeping duties including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, windows, etc
- Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Retail sales or customer service experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to work with volunteers and support the mission of WHEAT.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
Completed applications may be Faxed to 602.955.5290 or Emailed to info@HungerHurts.org
For further information on this position please email us: Info@HungerHurts.org