In Tax Year 2016, contribution credits have been doubled. Taxpayers filing as “single” and “head of household” status may claim a maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers that file as “married filing joint” may claim a maximum credit of $800. Taxpayers filing as “married filing separate” may claim a maximum credit of $400. WHEAT is one of those charities. Click here for a list of the Arizona Qualifying Charitable Organizations for the 2016 calendar year
By making a donation to WHEAT, you will be helping someone begin to help themselves within our community. Think of it as a down payment on their future.
Help us continue our mission to Educate, Advocate, Motivate and Empower individuals in the fight against hunger and poverty by donating today!
Each Year WHEAT:
• Sponsors high school teens living in at-risk situations in its Youth Leadership Program (Seasons of Service) to support educational and financial awareness;
• Trains and Graduates Individuals in its Management Training and Mentoring Program leading to employment and living wage jobs;
• Staffs SNAP Outreach partnerships at locations around the state of Arizona, providing enrollment in nutrition programs to eligible individuals;
• Continues to encourage self-sustenance for artisans and their families living in poverty around the globe, including Arizona, through WHEAT’s Fair Trade initiative providing necessary income for families to feed, clothe and educate themselves through the sale of their handicrafts;
• Provides professional business wear, free of charge, for men and women entering or re-entering the workforce through The Clothes Silo and WorkWear for Men;
• Presents lectures, trainings and workshops on ending poverty and hunger through education and action;…and much more.Your donation, whatever amount, will help us to continue to help others become self-sustaining, participating members of our community.Thanks for giving a gift that will ultimately give twice!
Donate Your Clothing, Shoes, Handbags and Accessories for Men and Women
Tuesday – Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm
(WHEAT is CLOSED December 18 – January 2)
Hold a Clothing Drive
Deliver it any Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm